To learn more about our services, current availability and how to enroll your child, please contact us.
Parental Involvement & Requirements
In order to build a strong bond between families and our educational centers, each family is required to contribute 10 hours of their skills, talent and/or expertise. These 10 hours can be scheduled throughout the school year – October to June, and the hours that better fits your busy schedule between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm. Some families can offer their time in July and August if desired.
Some skills/contributions can be: classroom helper, field trip chaperoning, administrative support, fundraising coordinator, special event planning, and facility improvements. Those who volunteer in the classroom are able to learn songs, stories, games, and activities that they can use with their children at home.
Parents/guardians are required to sign:
- Admission form
- Fee Agreement Contract
- Escort policy
- Consent form
- Parent Intake Questionnaires
- Parent Involvement form
- Partnership agreement
- Child and Adult Care Food Program Meal (CACFP) Income eligibility application
- Child and Adult Care Food Program Meal (CACFP) enrollment statement form
- DOH Consent for Emergency Medical Treatment (318K form)
Parents/guardians are also required to:
- submit a copy of birth certificate
- submit a copy of updated immunization records
- submit a copy of health insurance card
- submit a copy of DOH Managing Asthma Brief Respiratory Questioner (BRQ)
- complete DOH Child & Adolescent Health Examination form signed and dated by child’s pediatrician, thereafter, an annual physical is required
- attend parents/guardian child abuse and maltreatment preventive workshop, Parent/teacher meetings, Parent Advisory Committee election and meetings
- notify the Center in writing if your child/children will be absent 3 days or more
- notify the Center if there is any change in home or job address, telephone numbers, and/or escorts on your child informational form
- furnish a clean sheet and a clean blanket for their child/children for naptime. Sheets and blankets must be picked up on Fridays to be cleaned and returned on Mondays. MANDATED BY DOHMH (Department of Health and Mental Hygiene)
- have Escorts 16 years of age or older
- sign, write name, initial for hand washing, time of drop off, and pick up. Escorts must take child to a classroom teacher, who will then mark child present in attendance book. When picking up children, Escort will let the classroom teacher know that he/she is there to pick up their child. Escort must keep visual contact of their child at all times (entering and/or exiting The Center)
- keep a complete change of clothing (pants, shirt, socks, and undergarments) in their child/children cubbies. LABEL EVERYTHING (THE CENTER CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, STAINED OR SOILED CLOTHING
- dress their child/children according to weather conditions and for outdoor play.
- notify the center two weeks in advance when their child/children will be going on vacation. NOTIFICATION SHOULD BE WRITTEN. You must pay for the weeks the child will be out in order to reserve your child’s space.
- make an appointment with the Director if they need to discuss a problem or concern about their child/children.